Australian institutions invited to participate in the Study Australia Entrepreneurship Challenge in India
17 Jun 2022
Austrade is organising its first edition of the Study Australia Entrepreneurial Challenge (SAEC) in India. This hybrid two-week challenge will bring together some of India’s brightest undergraduate students in multi-disciplinary teams.
These student teams will explore Australia’s postgraduate education ecosystem through entrepreneurial ideas and build tech-enabled solutions to solve real-world problems on four key themes:
- Circular Economy
- Digital Health
- Creative industries
During SAEC, student teams will be able to listen to Australian academic experts and industry professionals in TEDx-style talks and masterclasses. They will develop key employability skills including communication, innovation, leadership, and business agility.
Students will be given opportunities to network with academic experts from Australian postgraduate institutions to learn and be introduced to education pathway opportunities within their chosen theme.
Each student team will submit a 3-minute video pitch on their selected theme. SAEC will conclude with a final in-person Gala Pitch event in India where shortlisted finalists will present their ideas to a judging panel.
Key Dates for SAEC 2022
- Virtual Event Orientation: 22 August 2022
- Virtual Summit 1: 25 August 2022
- Virtual Summit 2: 31 August 2022
- In-Person Gala Pitch Event in India: 9 September 2022
We are seeking expressions of interest from Australian postgraduate institutions to engage with us in SAEC to showcase your institution’s capabilities in the themes of the Challenge. Below are the opportunities in which your institution can support SAEC:
- Nominate academics from your institution as mentors for the student teams
- Nominate academics from your institution to participate in the academic spotlight on SAEC themes
- Showcase your institution’s capabilities in SAEC themes through short videos (3-5 minutes) that will be added to the SAEC website
- Sponsor prizes for the winning team/s which could include virtual mentoring roundtables, bursaries/scholarships or access to online course certification.
Engage with students directly to position your institution with the SAEC participant cohort
- Facilitate future education pathways for participating students across India
- Participate in a high impact, digital marketing campaign led by the Australian Government, with the option to leverage your own associated marketing activities during the challenge.
- Universities can amplify their participation with parallel promotional campaigns, through local in-country representatives, building brand visibility.
Austrade will promote SAEC activities in-market through targeted organic and paid promotional strategies.
To register your interest as a partner institution, please contact Megha Gupta by 8 July 2022.